Imagine that you had a hard day at work, the traffic was horrible, there’s no light in your apartment because of a storm.
So, you breathe, light some candles to illuminate your room, sit in your favorite armchair, pour yourself a glass of wine, and take a moment to enjoy the most delicious coconut cookies.
Maybe you don’t need to have a bad day to enjoy them, but they could certainly help you get through a bad day.
- 3 cups flour (I used unbleached organic whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup butter or coconut oil (I used coconut oil for an extra coconut kick!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dropper full of almond or vanilla Stevia
- 1/3 cup honey (not pictured)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a dry skillet, toast the coconut. Let cool and set aside.
- Combine the flour, rolled oats, flax seeds, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and toasted coconut in a big bowl.
- Then, combine the eggs, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla extract in another bowl. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix.
- On a baking sheet, put the cookies in order.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are golden brown.